The FA announced on Thursday 26 March that all grassroots football has now officially ended for the season. Read the FA statement here.
NEE FC committee can also announce that ALL monthly donations to the club are suspended until further notice.
The Northumberland Football League have announced how they will proceeed following discussions with club secretaries and the Northumberland FA.
On Tuesday 7th April 2020 an online SGM vote took place. The SGM vote was to confirm how the five leagues operated by The Northumberland Football Leagues would conclude, after the national FA confirmed all grassroots football had now concluded for the 2019/20 season.
The 2 options put to member clubs were:
1) All results are expunged and the season is null and void;
2) League position, promotion and relegation are resolved via an average ‘points per game’ system.
The league management committee met on Tuesday 7th April to ratify the votes. The outcomes were forwarded to John Topping (Company Secretary Durham FA & Business Manager for Northumberland FA) and Andrew Rose-Cook (Acting CEO of Northumberland FA) to receive ratification and confirmation from the county FAs.
The voting results for each league are as follows:
- Sunday Mixed League Result – Points per game System
- Saturday Mixed League Result – Points per game System
- Girls League Result – Points per game System
- Womens League Result – Points per game System
- Participation League Result – Points per game System
All league winners will be notified. Medals will be available to collect from the league office when safe to do so. The result from two divisions (U14 Sunday Premiership & U15 Division 3) will remain outstanding and clubs concerned contacted directly.